- Nijah Augustine – Nijah has been in the program for the last two years and plans to pursue a degree in nursing for pediatric oncology. Her message to underclassmen is: “It’s ok not to be perfect… as long as you are giving your best… that’s all that really matters”.
- Emma Bange – Emma has participated all 4 years and plans to study nursing at Bradley University next fall. Her message to underclassmen is: “Never take anything for granted… because in a blink of an eye it’s gone”.
- Ariel Bond-Davis – Ariel has cheered for 2 years and plans to study make-up artistry at Forest Park before starting her own business. Her message to underclassmen is: “Always put your best effort forward… no matter how hard you are challenged”.
- Ashanti Denwiddie – This was the 1st year of cheerleading for Ashanti and she plans to study nursing at Grand Canyon University. Her message to underclassmen is: “Always stay on top of your academics… and don’t let others hinder your work ethic”.
- Brianna Johnson – Brianna has been on the cheer team all 4 years and is the co-captain of the squad. Her plan is to study mental health for non-English speaking youth. Her message to underclassmen is: “Stand up and stand out!… You are worth more than you will ever know…. so be everything you wish to be”.
- Angelina Latty – Angelina has been on the squad for the last 3 years and plans to major in Psychology. Her message to underclassmen is: “Do your homework… and be involved”.
- Leah Lee – Leah has participated the last 2 years in cheer and is co-captain of the team. She will attend Maryville University in the fall to study nursing with plans to continue into medical school to become an anesthesiologist. Her message to underclassmen is: “Its okay to be selfish sometimes… for yourself… just not anybody else”.
- Sarah Murrell – Sarah has been on the team all 4 years and plans to study nursing at college while learning sign language. Her message to underclassmen is: “Make every moment count… Have fun… and work hard, as you only have four years before real life hits you”.
- Hailey Williams – Hailey has been on the team for the last 3 years and plans to major in nursing. Her message to underclassmen is: “Stay focused… and always strive for a better future for yourself”.
- Chelsea Drain – Chelsea has been on the dance team all 4 years and is the captain. Her plan is to study medicine and become a dermatologist. Her message to underclassmen is: “Don’t let fear stop you… from stepping outside of your comfort zone”.
Senior Basketball Players:
- #3 Guard Kentre Ellis – Kentre has been with the team for the last 3 years and is a standout track athlete that plans to major in nursing. His message to underclassmen is: “Hard Work beats talent… when talent doesn’t work hard”.
- #4 Guard Jakobi Flynn – Jakobi is a 4 year player in the program and made the Alton All-tournament team earlier this year and plans to major in accounting. His message to underclassmen is: “You have to be cold… to be number 1”.
- #5 Point Guard Brandon Clarke – Brandon has participated all 4 years and is excited for college next fall. His message to underclassmen is: “Keep Going… Keep Pushing believe in yourself and never stop!”
- #11 Guard Coby Nathaniel – Coby is a 3 year player for the Huskies and plans to study pre-med at UMKC. His message to underclassmen is: “Don’t Procrastinate”.
- #21 Forward O’Ryan Curtis – This is the first year in the program for O’Ryan and he plans to study mechanical engineering at UMSL next fall. His message to underclassmen is: “Just BE YOU”.
The 1st Day of Spring Sports is this Monday, March 2nd.
Mark your calendars for Monday March 9th for 6pm when we will host Spring Sports Parent Night in the Lower Lobby.
Students in Academic Support, you will attend study sessions after school from 3-4pm before going to practice. This IPR Session for AS will run through 3/5/20 for our Winter Athletes.
To stay up to date on games click the link below:
This is the best way to find our schedule because changes happen and some things are out of our control. By viewing a live schedule you will see changes as they are made.
Please subscribe and follow your team by going to: www.getvnn.com
This will give you up to date info via email and/or text to follow your team… simply sign up, follow and be a part of one of the most exciting times of year!